This Recipe for Filipino Sweet Rice Cake is made out of white sticky rice simmered in a sweet coconut milk mixture and then topped with a deep brown coconut syrup.
Recipe for Filipino Sweet Rice Cake Ingredients
For the Sweet Coconut Syrup Topping:
1 can coconut milk,
1 cup dark brown sugar,
dash of salt,
For the Glutinous Rice Cake Mixture:
2 cups glutinous rice soaked in water for at least 1 hour,
1 can coconut cream,
1 can coconut milk,
1 1/2 cups water,
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar,
How to Make Recipe for Filipino Sweet Rice Cake:
1. Make the Coconut Syrup topping by combining coconut milk, sugar, and a dash of salt in a pan over medium heat. Continue stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts boiling with a sticky consistency. Set Aside.
2. Make the Glutinous Rice Cake Mixture by combining the coconut cream and coconut milk in a pan over medium heat.
When coconut mixture starts to boil, add in the white sticky rice and stir for 15 minutes until it is fully cooked before adding the dark brown sugar.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour the Glutinous Rice Cake mixture evenly in a buttered baking pan before spreading the coconut syrup thoroughly. Cook this in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Adjust the oven temperature to 400°F and cook it for another 5 – 10 minutes longer. This will give the Coconut Syrup topping a deeper dark brown glaze.
5. Allow this Rice Cake to cool off first before cutting into squares. Cool it longer to make this rice cake firmer and easier to cut into serving portions.
Serve this Filipino sweet rice cake with your favorite drink for merienda or dessert.
Check out our other channel! Tagalog Kid Songs
Adobo sa Gata (Chicken Adobo In Coconut Milk)
Beef Giniling Recipe (Beef, Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs Stew)
Homemade Fresh Lumpia Wrappers
Coconut Macaroons Filipino Style
Pan De Coco Recipe (Filipino Merienda)
Spaghetti Chicken Carbonara (Filipino Style)
Fresh Lumpia Sauce
Ginataang Talong Recipe
Malagkit na Bibingka
Bicol Express Without Bagoong
Giniling Na Baboy
Puto With Cheese
Pork Ribs Adobo with Potatoes
Beef Lumpia Recipe (Filipino Springrolls)
Fruit Salad Recipe Filipino Style
Oven Baked Chicken BBQ Pinoy Style
Pininyahang Manok (Filipino Style Recipe)
Pritong Manok – Filipino Recipe Fried Chicken
Buko Salad (Filipino Style Fruit Salad)
Picadillo Filipino Style
Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe (Filipino Style)
Nilagang Manok (Chicken and Cabbage Soup)
Filipino Style Congee (Arroz Caldo)
Pandesal Recipe: Easy Grilled Cheese
Adobong Manok Recipe (Chicken Adobo)
Crema de Fruta
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Eggs)