Kwek-Kwek | Battered Quail Eggs | Filipino Recipe
A very easy and simple dish to make. eggs dipped in a flour mixture and fried
- 12 to 18 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ to 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp anatto powder (pinulbos na atsuete)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Place the cornstarch in a container and dredge the boiled quail eggs. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper then mix thoroughly.
- Dilute the anatto powder in warm water then pour-in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Place all the quail eggs in the mixing bowl and coat with the batter.
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the quail eggs by scooping them from the mixing bowl using a spoon. Make sure that each is coated with batter.
- After a few minutes, remove the fried quail eggs from the pan and place in a serving plate.
- Serve with vinegar or fish ball sauce while still crispy.
- Share and Enjoy!