Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines. It is commonly served during party, fiestas, birthdays and many other occasions. This dish has both sweet and sour flavors.
Best served with rice.
Brown Sugar 3 tbs
Soy Sauce 2 tbs
Cooking Oil 2 tbs
Chicken Broth 1 cup
Minced Garlic 1 tsp
5 Bay Leaves
Whole Peppercorns ½ tbs
Chicken 0.6 pounds
Vinegar 1 tbs
1. In a frying pan, add cooking oil.
2. Sauté minced garlic.
3. Add chicken and chicken broth.
4. Cover and bring to boil. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
5. Season with vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves, whole peppercorns and brown sugar.
6. Mix the sauce. Cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
7. Turn chicken to absorb the sauce.
8. Simmer for another 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
9. Best served with rice
10. Share and Enjoy!!!