Sweet and Sour Pork Filipino Recipe Video
Try this Filipino version of the Sweet and Sour pork Dish. DeeLish. Watch the video to see how its done.
Author: Vanjo Merano
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced diagonally
- 2 servings of sweet and sour sauce
- Place the pork loin in a bowl then combine the soy sauce (you may also add salt if desired). Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil in a pan then apply heat.
- Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Dip the marinated pork in beaten egg then on the flour and cornstarch mixture.
- Deep fry the pork (coated with cornstarch and flour) for 10 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. Set aside.
- Heat a separate pan then pour-in the sweet and sour sauce and water then let boil.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the onions and bell pepper (green and red) and simmer for 4 minutes (add extra water as needed).
- Add the deep-fried pork loin and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot. Share and enjoy!